Recipe: Ombar Hazelnut Spread
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Makes 2 cups
- 2 cups hazelnuts
- Coconut sugar to taste
- 70g Ombar Coco Mylk, melted
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 50ml plant-based milk of choice - we recommend coconut!
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Big pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Spread the hazelnuts on a baking sheet and roast for 12 to 15 minutes, until fragrant.
- Carefully put the hot hazelnuts in a mason jar with the lid on and shake. The papery skins will fall right off. Remove the skinless nuts and put them in a food processor or a high-powered blender, then re-shake the jar until the rest of the skins come off the remaining nuts.
- Blend the hazelnuts until they turn into a creamy hazelnut butter - this should take about 5 minutes.
- Add the melted chocolate, coconut oil, plant milk, vanilla, salt and sugar to taste. Blend for another minute until all the ingredients are combined and appear smooth.
- Transfer to a large mason jar. Store in the refrigerator for several weeks.