Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 2 hours
- Aquafaba from 1 tin of chickpeas
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum (optional)*
- 150g caster sugar
- Vegan whipped cream of choice
- 25g Ombar Coco 60%, straight from the fridge and blended into a powder.
- 2 handfuls raspberries
- 50g pistachios, crushed
- Ombar Coco 60%, grated
* Xantham gum is not required but it helps the pavlova to hold its shape better
- Place the liquid from 1 tin of chickpeas in a small pot over a medium-low heat. Pour it into a bowl to weigh it every so often and keep simmering it until it weighs 80 grams. Allow to cool completely, it should solidify slightly.
- Preheat your oven to 130°C (110°C fan) and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the reduced aquafaba into a large, clean bowl along with the cream of tartar, vanilla and xanthan gum (if using). Use an electric whisk or stand mixer to mix until it becomes thick, pale and frothy.
- Keeping the mixer on, slowly add in the sugar. Add around 2 tablespoons at a time, making sure the sugar is fully incorporated before adding the next 2 tablespoons. Then add the powdered Ombar.
- Whisk until the mixture forms stiff peaks.
- Spoon or pipe mixture onto lined baking tray, and bake for 2 hours.
- After the time is up, turn the oven off completely and leave it in there for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Whip up cream and spoon or pipe it onto the pavlova.
- Top with raspberries, pistachios and grated Ombar Coco 60%. Serve and enjoy!